WORK HISTORY: LIFE ETC.
2005-2009 JUST THE THINGS THAT MATTER
Julie writes feature articles for the ABC magazine Life Etc. In 2007 and 2008 Julie interviewed and wrote features on
- the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia, Julia Gillard;
- the recently retired Director of Defence Force Nursing, Colonel Beverley Wright;
- the award-winning singer, Missy Higgins;
- the travel host and former ABC TV presenter, Bill Peach;
- the champion golfer, Karrie Webb;
- the executive director of The Australia Institute, Clive Hamilton;
- Margaret Whitlam;
- actress Kerry Armstrong;
- film-maker Phillip Noyce;
- former award-winning Principal of Cherbourg State School and Director of the Indigenous Education Leadership Institute, Dr Chris Sarra and more!
In 2006 she wrote features on
- the West Australian writer, Susan Maushart;
- the founding artistic director of Bell Shakespeare, John Bell;
- medical researcher and 2004 Australian of the Year, Prof Fiona Stanley;
- burns doctor and 2005 Australian of the Year, Fiona Wood;
- writer Tom Keneally;
- and researcher and inventor Professor Richard Cotton, 65, director of the Genomics Disorders Research Centre at Melbourne’s St Vincent’s Hospital.